MD Program

Contact MD Admissions

1213 MERF
Iowa City, Iowa 52242-2600
Phone:(800) 493-7415
Phone:(319) 335-8052
Fax: (319) 335-8049

  • Housing and Transportation

    Apartments are numerous in the Iowa City/Coralville area. Students are responsible for making their own arrangements. For your convenience, we encourage you to secure housing within the Iowa City/Coralville city limits that is within walking distance to the Hospital and Health Sciences Campus or is served by public and free campus transportation. All bus systems use Bongo: Real-time Passenger Information System. Carver College of Medicine students can add roommate wanted/sublet/rent/buy/sell property to the ICON discussion board.

    If you live outside the Iowa City/Coralville city limits you can apply for a parking permit in the Hawkeye or Finkbine commuter lots.  Apply on line at  Click on “Order Permits or Bus Passes” and login with your hawkid.  Follow the onscreen directions from there.  Student Parking rates for 2016.   

    Medical students may also add summer sublets or apartment rentals by going to the Off-Campus Housing Service website.



    Apartments can also be found on-line in the three local newspapers:

    • The Daily Iowan: The University of Iowa campus newspaper. Free to University students. The paper is available weekdays when school is in session.
    • Iowa City Press Citizen: The Iowa City local newspaper available daily.
    • Cedar Rapids Gazette: A local Cedar Rapids and Johnson county newspaper available daily.


    If you are interested in buying a home you may want to look at a directory of Iowa City Area Association of Realtors.

    Co-Ed Housing:

    Co-Ed Housing is also available for students which are within walking distance of the Health Sciences Campus: