Academic & Professional Record (APR)
Notes- April 23, 2013
- Students have been leaving out a lot of data on CVs they’re helping me with
- A 1:1 match is ideal w/students, as often placement options between CVs & APR aren’t clear
- We have no clear direction where everything goes; doing duplicate work
- When will we get guidelines from OFAD/Geist about placement of info?
- Do you (Suzanne) want help creating guidelines/documents?
- How long do we have to keep hardcopy CVs and online entry running simultaneously? We’re doing twice the work, as we can’t rely on APR, nor see/print everything entered.
- PubMed not matching CV. Are people aware they need to double-check info for accuracy?
- RE changes made to APR in Student Supervision section: one person asked that Medical Students be added as a new selection category.
- Question about backups and can they revert to old data?
- Problems with web profiles and information not showing up.
- Discussion occurred regarding Employment and Publications “Yes” and “No” fields.
- One person suggested having a third option (e.g. “Priority”)
- Personal Contact information is confusing and doesn’t follow a CV template.
- Abstracts need to be clearer.
- For dates…is just the year still okay? (Yes, just year is fine for most dates)
- As a whole, the audience liked the red indicators in your demo showing what would show on a CV or the Web. (Will be working with Digital Measures to identify which fields show on the CV and/or Web profiles.)
During the wrap up, folks shared that they liked the group input/interaction this large group offers. They appreciated the idea of creating a listserve or email of any changes made to the system going forward. They said a “What’s next” or timeline would be beneficial. They liked the sound of monthly general meetings, and then small focused subgroups with an open invitation as needed.
Slides- April 23,2013