Cover art contest adds to Research Week
Thursday, April 10, 2014
The 2014 Health Sciences Research Week, co-sponsored by the Carver College of Medicine, College of Pharmacy, College of Public Health, Institute for Clinical and Translational Science, and VA Health, will feature a cover art contest at the poster session on Wednesday, April 23. Students, post-doctoral fellows, faculty and staff are all eligible for the contest.
Entries can be submitted to Bev Black in the MERF Atrium from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on April, 21 and from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on April, 23. The winning submission will be awarded a $100 prize and will be featured on Medvision.
- Submit a printed cover art on 8.5x11-inch dimensions. Like cover art on journals, submissions should emphasize a scientific finding, concept, or image.
- Submissions should be accompanied by a 1-3 sentence description of what the cover art illustrates and the software which was used to create it.
- If the cover art corresponds to a paper published this year, reference that in the write-up.
- The use of scientific graphic software programs, especially those that favor display of proteins, metabolites, or cellular structures, is highly encouraged.
- All entries must be titled “Health Sciences Research Week” across the top.
Judges are looking for artful renditions of authentic images made with aid of scientific image software. Stronger consideration will be given to those images that display data or concepts from papers published within the last year.
Research Week begins Tuesday, April 22, and runs through Thursday, April 24. The week’s theme is “Diabetes: Mechanisms and Treatment.”
For more information on the cover art contest, contact Angie Robertson.
Story Source: UI Carver College of Medicine, 200 College of Medicine Administration Building, Iowa City, Iowa 52242
Media Contact: Benji McElroy, UI Carver College of Medicine, email@example.com