Global Health Symposium offers opportunity for experts, faculty and students
Wednesday, November 06, 2013
The Second Annual Iowa Global Health Symposium will take place on November 12, 2013 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the University of Iowa College of Public Health Building (CPHB). The symposium is sponsored by the Executive Council of Graduate and Professional Students, the UI College of Public Health, the UI Carver College of Medicine and UI Global Health Club.
Featured speakers will start at 5:00 p.m. in N110 CPHB. The featured speakers are as follows:
- Debra Schwinn, MD, Dean, Carver College of Medicine - Opening Welcome
- Robin Paetzold, MBA, Global Programs Director, Carver College of Medicine – “Global Programs at CCOM”
- Peter Thorne, PhD, professor and head of occupational and environmental health – “Global Health at CPH”
- Mary Wilson, MD, professor of internal medicine and microbiology and Selma Maria B. Jeronimo, PhD, professor of biochemistry in Brazil – “Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology Endemic Infectious Diseases in North East Brazil”
- Craig Just, PhD, assistant professor of civil and environmental engineering – “The Amazing Water Purification Show”
- Diane Rohlman, PhD, associate professor of occupational and environmental health – “Pyramids, Pesticides and Public Health”
The symposium will also offer students and faculty opportunities to showcase their work through Break-Out Poster Presentations at 6:15 p.m. (S106A/B CPHB) and a poster session and photo competition at 7:00 p.m. (Atrium).
For more information on the Second Annual Iowa Global Health Symposium, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Jaimeemail@example.com.
Story Source: UI Carver College of Medicine, 200 College of Medicine Administration Building, Iowa City, Iowa 52242
Media Contact: Benji McElroy, UI Carver College of Medicine, firstname.lastname@example.org